Cheltenham BID is the lead sponsor of the Cheltenham Festivals … around town programme, bringing hundreds of free events to the streets and businesses of Cheltenham during the Jazz, Science, Music and Literature Festivals, including the annual Lit Crawl.
Of course this year’s programme is having to take a very different format, and we would like to thank the team at Cheltenham Festivals for enabling us to continue to support this important event.
As ever, over the two weekends of The Times and The Sunday Times Cheltenham Literature Festival there will be an exciting line up of well-known as well as emerging poets, writers, spoken word artists and song writers for people to listen to.
This year, instead of the usual Lit Crawl format, free performances will be held at the Imperial Gardens Stage’, and brought to you in connection with: John Gordons, The Botanist, Boston Tea Party, Memsahib Gin and Tea Bar, The Beehive, Soho Bar & Eatery and Montpellier Wine Bar.
Find the programme of events here.
Despite the earlier closing time, you will still be able to enjoy an early evening drink in some of Cheltenham’s many safe and friendly bars, grab a bite to eat or have a special meal at one of the town’s hundreds of restaurants and bars.
Why not take a stroll up to Montpellier before or after the show to enjoy some of the finest selections of whiskies, wines, gins and liqueurs?
- John Gordons – As an independent wine and spirit merchant since 2006, you are able to shop from their vast range of whiskies and gin, and many other specialist products like wines, champagnes, cognacs, beers, and so forth. The Drinks Agency, their online outlet, has a huge selection of products, sourced locally and from far and wide.
- Montpellier Wine Bar – serves fresh cocktails made to order from the classic martini to their own special creations – drunken cherry lemonade and cucumber daiquiri. Or select from their extensive range of first class wines and champagnes.
- Soho Bar and Eatery – Soho Bar is your one stop destination for great food, wine & cocktails in the heart of Montpellier, Cheltenham. Their cocktail menu fuses tradition and innovation using exclusive and limited edition champagnes, spirits and liqueurs.
Or wander into the town centre for a cocktail and some delicious food.
- The Memsahib Gin and Tea bar is the first of its kind. Inspired by the British Raj period, during which many Anglo-Indian women, ‘Memsahibs’, settled in Cheltenham they offer exciting tastes and flavours, that are appealing to the eye, your sense of smell and taste fantastic. With a selection of 55 gins and an array of teas, they also have a spectacular tasting menu. At the weekends they also serve afternoon chai or tea.
- The Botanist – Explore a secret garden of food and drink, where their Botanists have foraged high and low to bring you a host of exceptional food and drink delights. Enter The Botanist Cheltenham, located in The Brewery Quarter, and you will be transported into a place where antiquities and trinkets hang from the walls, and resident botanists craft unusual concoctions.
- Boston Tea Party is a West country born & family owned independent small café chain serving simply and well prepared food and drinks made with great ingredients, skill and love. Ethically sourced, affordable and feel-good – made from scratch onsite everyday. Check out thier new autumn menu.
Looking for somewhere to go pre-show?
The Beehive serves the best traditional ales, the finest local ciders, craft gins and fresh locally-sourced produce, cooked to order in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
This new format has given us the chance to involve one of our professional services businesses for the first time this year and we are pleased to have Cambray Design on board. We have aligned them with some of Gloucestershire’s talented emerging poets whose creativity we thought fits well with this design agency’s ability to solve challenges, change behviours and generate positive change through innovation.